American Express Careers
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express is embarking on an exciting journey with a new Application Security team tasked with delivering security services and capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to showcase your technical and delivery skills as a core member of an upcoming team.
The successful applicant for the Scrum Master (Technical Project Manager) role will be part of the EMEA Application Security team involved in designing, developing, implementing, and operating security solutions that scale to the demands of a global organization. This individual also plays a key role in partnering with Business and Technology colleagues to drive strategic priorities. This individual joins a team that works closely with the global Application Security organization and leverages Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to meet the evolving and demanding needs of customers and stakeholders.
Scrum Masters help coach their team, facilitate agile ceremonies, work across teams to plan and drive delivery of capabilities identified in the strategy and roadmap. Scrum Masters also work with Product Owners to escalate and resolve issues as appropriate. The candidate will possess a unique blend of technical experience, an understanding of software development, and a high-level overview of application security in order to help the team deliver industry leading security services and solutions efficiently and effectively.
- Manages delivery of Application Security services and solutions in support of key initiatives by working closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Security Architects, and Security Engineers.
- Works with the Release Train Engineer to maintain delivery between planned sprints/iterations and dependent teams.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments that hinder progress against sprints and Program Increments.
- Works within and across teams to prioritize, plan, and execute work.
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs.
- Assigns resources to activities and monitors delivery metrics.
- Manages and escalates risks, issues, and changes tied to delivery.
- Applies judgment and discretion on when to escalate issues versus working through them with the team.
- Ensures deliverables are high quality, clearly documented, and compliant.
- Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each iteration and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience of Scrum Master or Technical Project Management
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or other Technical discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Software development experience, with the ability to get into code to help drive to solutions.
- Experience managing agile, scrum, or Kanban teams to deliver technical solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
- Experience managing project budgets, resource planning/management, and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across technical, business, and third-party stakeholders.
- Strong relationship manager.
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, and advocating for simplification.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
Nice to Have
- Relevant Certifications (e.g. PMI, Scrum Master (CSM), etc).
- Application security knowledge, preferably around OWASP Top 10.
- Infrastructure experience (servers, virtual machines, containers, databases, and networking concepts).
- Relevant collaboration and project management tool experience (e.g. Slack, Confluence, Jira, etc.)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2018, 4:30:32 AM