American Express Careers
The Global Servicing Network (GSN) Capabilities Team designs, builds and deploys the next generation of digital tools to support our world class servicing.
Within this wider team sits the Value Generation Capabilities team, we use machine learning, AI and Big Data to understand our customers, then leverage those insights to drive customer satisfaction, engagement, spend, growth and improve servicing margins.
The UX/UI role represents an exciting opportunity to design streamlined and intuitive servicing journeys that delight our front-line specialists as well as our digitally engaged customers, creating meaningful business value.
This role will be focused on creating designs and artifacts for existing and new state-of-the-art capabilities mostly for Val Gen, but we expect the successful candidate to contribute to other servicing tools as well. The work will certainly be varied and interesting.
We are seeking a candidate with a creative mindset, passion for the customer experience and an eye towards business efficiency.
Key job responsibilities:
- Ensure solutions are consistent and designed according to user centered principles
- Be the voice of the customer to internal teams and business partners, and feed in appropriate recommendations based on insights to drive development and decision making
- Undertake UX research activities to help evaluate, design and test new servicing experiences and/or enhancing existing ones
- Give and solicit feedback from fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
- Be customer focused; have operations awareness, marketing, sales and computer science experience or an interest in technology and partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to generate the best design solutions
- Have excellent influencing/communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have strong sense of urgency, commitment to deadlines and deliverables is critical
Are you up for the challenge?
- A Bachelor's Degree in Industrial/Product/Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- At least two years of experience in UX and UI required; strong understanding of user centered design principles and processes
- Familiarity working in lean/agile product development environment
- Fluency in current industry standard UX design tools, notably Sketch, Invision, and/or other UX prototyping software
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences and to clearly communicate how individual journeys align/don’t align to user and business goals
At the core of UX design...
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Iterative Product Design Planning and Development
- Design Thinking
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Design Industry Trends
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2018, 3:39:05 PM