American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Content Innovation
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the B2B operating group within American Express, whose mission is to develop deep and enduring relationships with our customers and show them that we have their back, in life and in work. We create products, services and solutions uniquely built for businesses of all sizes, from small business to large global businesses. Today, innovative ideas, insights and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling relationship with all our customers.
The Content Development Team of Global Commercial Services (GCS) is responsible for the development of innovative, best-in-class content experiences to engage and inform business leaders and decision makers. Our work ranges from unique, branded content developed for campaigns to the daily publication of content on OPEN Forum (openforum.com), the award-winning content and community platform designed to help business owners do more business.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Content Innovation, to develop and implement strategies that expand reach and engagement within our target audience of business leaders and decision makers. This role will work across internal and external teams and partners to produce and measure innovative content experiences both on and off our owned platforms. They will be responsible for testing new formats and channels while maintaining a customer-first focus and ensuring quality and compliance. To be successful, this person will have an editorial eye, digital product development knowledge, and a passion for driving results.
- Create and execute strategies for engaging business leaders through new content types and partnerships.
- Be the voice and advocate for the customer by leveraging data and customer insights to drive decision making.
- Work closely with internal teams and external resources and partners to deliver on those strategies.
- Ensure content produced is optimized for earned, owned, paid distribution.
- Partner with Product team(s) to ensure design and development of a customer-first experience.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in content marketing and social media, become a go-to expert on content marketing.
- Work with legal and brand teams to ensure that all content produced is compliant and accurate.
- Monitor performance
metrics and scorecard targets to provide insights for improvements to ROI,
engagement (CTR, time on site, subscribers, leads etc), and effective budget
- Undergraduate degree
- Excellent strategic and thought leadership skills
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience from either the client side or agency position
- Proven content marketing skills, combining creativity and an eye for quality
- Proven brand marketing skills, with a customer and creative mindset
- Interest in breaking the “status quo” and developing truly innovative content
- Results-driven and detail-oriented
- Ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Proven history of building and leveraging relationships across various agencies, partners and stakeholders
- A team player with demonstrated collaborative skills across business units, geographies, functions, and executive levels
- Strong communication skills, in particular editing and writing skills
- Passion for and interest in new communications tools, social media, and digital media
- Willingness to be hands-on
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 2:04:03 PM