American Express Careers
Data Science Engineer
This position is within the Commercial Data Technology. The person will be a subject matter expert in Machine Learning in a Big Data environment and work closely with other stakeholders for continuous delivery.
As a Data Science engineer in our team you will be responsible for creating and delivering ML solutions to support our organization and clients. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. The successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with peers and technology partners to translate complex user stories into successful AI product releases. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, this would be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities would include more than 80%+ of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation of re-usable ML components using our state of the art Hadoop and GPU clusters as needed.
To be successful in the role, the following experience is required:
· At least 5+ years of progressive experience with a broad set of tech stacks, hands-on Machine Learning and Big Data is mandatory as part of the job
· Deep expertise in building scalable Machine Learning powered applications
· Experience with production grade applications preferred. Ideally with an application that leverages Machine Learning to power its decisions
Quantitative and Software Development Skills
· Master of Science or higher in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences or similar Bachelor of Science with 5 years of experience in a highly quantitative position
· High proficiency with the following technologies:
o Big Data
o Scala / Java
o Deep learning frameworks
· Modeling proficiency:
o Linear models & descriptive statistics
o Natural Language Processing
o Bayesian Inference
o Decision Tree Models & Boosting
o Advanced time series forecasting
o Deep Learning
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2018, 1:47:01 PM