American Express Careers
Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform (QE Performance)
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
As a Software Engineer, you will be leading and driving the implementation of the next generation of Platform-as-a-Service for American Express. You will be working closely with our Software Engineers, Business partners and Systems Engineers and have an opportunity to work with multitude of tools and technologies.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Plan, gather requirements, schedule and implement test strategies for projects and/or features assigned
- Collaborate with QA team members to define, design, develop, document, maintain the QA Tools and Test automation frameworks.
- Contribute to the team’s best testing practices
- Implement and enforce testing quality gates to all supported products
- Work with developers and scrum masters to triage bugs and reproduce reported issues
- Provide in depth analysis for any test failures and assist developers in troubleshooting reported issues
- Work in a fast paced agile environment, delivering features in small time duration, attend daily Dev and QA Scrum team meetings
- Communicate test status, metrics and trending quality for the development team
- Ensure that product quality meets defined test exit criteria in functionality, performance, stability, security and data quality.
- Should organize and conduct the Performance, Volume, and Stress (PVS) testing for cloud platform
- Identify Performance bottlenecks and provide recommendation for optimizing the code
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans for PaaS and other products it’s integrated with
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 2+ years’ experience in Software Engineering/System Software Testing
- Hands-on Experience with performance testing using tools like Jmeter
- Hands-on experience with API Test automation, from code development to test execution
- Experience with at least 2+ open testing tool or test framework i.e. RestAssured, TestNg, Java, Jenkin, Postman, browser development tool
- Proficient in writing scripts using any of the following:, Java, Python, Groovy, Curl, use/code RESTFUL APIs
- Proficient in Linux, particularly Red Hat/CentOS
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Jenkins, continuous delivery, Git preferred
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Experience with Version Control systems - (GitHub, SVN, Git, Bit bucket)
- Test experience in 2-3 areas: PaaS, IaaS, Networking, Databases, CI/CD, Web Application
- Knowledge on different services like NOSQL/RDBMS databases like Oracle, PostGres, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge on logging & monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, etc is a plus
- Experience in Docker, vagrant, kubernetes is a plus
- Demonstrable experience of software development and agile software test lifecycles
- Fast learner, eager to use and understand new technologies
- Detail oriented, with solid analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Can demonstrate dedication to quality and have a positive, collaborative approach to testing
- Self-motivated; always in the look-out for improvement opportunities and can work independently
- Knowledge in cloud/cloud consumption (primarily in private cloud)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2018, 10:33:08 PM