American Express Careers
Director, Product Development-Identity
American Express Digital Platform Group is the data source to one of the most popular service brand in the world American Express. It services a multitude of clients including phones, tablets, browsers and is integrated into a number of partner systems around the world. In addition to the client-facing duties, the DPG team also works with a diverse array of lower-tier systems collecting and connecting the data and services necessary to fulfill the requests of our customers. This privileged integration point exposes the team to a wide variety of challenges from the deep technical implementations of the scalable core platform to the user-visible features and functionality available to our customers.
As the Director of Product Management of Identity, you will be a technical product owner and leader for how American Express Customers and prospects are identified, managed and access their data. Providing frictionless, safe access at the right level at the right time to the right ID.
As the identity product leader will You’ll be responsible for:
- Challenge the status quo within American Express, work with diverse set of team including Consumer Products, Fraud, InfoSec, Product Engineering and Platform Engineering, to define and grow our Identity services from prospect through Membership. This includes being responsible for the overall planning, management messaging, positioning, competitive analyst, integration and support for our core business.
- Work with Fraud, Security and Engineering leader to define KPIs, assess performance, identify areas for additional investment, and drive a coordinated a strategy across the broader American Express organization.
- Build a team of diverse product managers in multiple locations to manage the various parts of the identity portfolio: mentor, shepherd and protect them as they drive their part of identity forward.
- Identify and prioritize Product Opportunities for easy access to our assets through identity.
- Work hand and hand with Fraud and Security Engineering, to protect and identify our users, to reduce fraud while enabling frictionless user experiences.
- Evolve and drive cross organizational alignment around repeatable use cases
- Partner with technology, fraud and business to prioritize a backlog.
- Internally represent Identity within American Express, and advocate and communicate our product and value, to educate customers, prospects and partners.
- Define and deliver effective product messaging and positioning across products, segments, and use case Provide tools and enablement across the company
- Manage ongoing input and feedback to evolve with changes in product, strategy
- Collaborate with technical marketing to ensure alignment across sales and SE enablement
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships across American Express.
- 5+ years of product management; experience in either/or/and Risk, Security, SaaS, platform or IAM, with a customer centric-focused is desired.
- Experience working with technology and engineering community, ideally with an IAM background.
- Working knowledge of industry Security standards: Oauth, SAML, OpenID, encryption, scope based Authorization is strong desired.
- Experience with working with business partners, such as marketers to developers within enterprises.
- Leadership skills as this will be a team management position are strongly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Real passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Project management skills, can handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; in STEM or a related is desired.
- MBA and/or advanced degree is a plus.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 3:33:07 PM