American Express Careers
Analyst/ Senior Analyst, Credit and Fraud Risk
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Our direct relationships with millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide -- combined with our leading-edge marketing, analytical, rewards, and servicing capabilities -- enable us to uniquely offer an array of differentiated experiences that enrich lives. American Express was built on service and sustained by innovation – and our vision is to work hard every day to provide the world’s best customer experience.
About Credit and Fraud Risk
Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer lifecycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
This team is structured under four core functions:
- Credit Risk Strategy: Monitor credit portfolios and optimize profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle
- Fraud Risk Strategy: Develop fraud prevention strategies on behalf of our customers
- Decision Science: Build predictive models using AI/Machine Learning for all portfolios and products
- Risk Capabilities: Develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and execute credit and fraud risk strategies
Analysts in Credit and Fraud Risk management will be:
- Responsible for providing analytical support to mitigate risk, enable revenue growth, and drive profitability through diverse analytical projects
- Integrating new data sources and capabilities to drive key business decisions
- Expected to develop disciplined monitoring of credit and fraud risk metrics at the portfolio level, as well as across key stages of the customer lifecycle such as underwriting and customer management, and perform root cause analyses of concerning trends to identify performance drivers
- Collaborating with multiple partners including Finance, Technology, and other cross-functional teams across the company. They will work with colleagues to design and implement risk control strategies based on statistical, financial, and economic analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, or statistics from a top tier university with high GPA
- 0-2 years of experience in credit/fraud risk management at a financial institution. More than 2 years of relevant experience for the Senior Analyst role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – must have the ability to compile, analyze, research, and link complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high pressure situations and handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter
- Proven team skills including the ability to work effectively across geographical boundaries – must have proven collaborative skills, and flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Willingness to learn and master new systems and processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- SQL skills or other programming experience (e.g., Hive, SAS, R, Python) preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Life at American Express
American Express is known for backing our customers to help them achieve their goals and dreams, big and small. At American Express, we’re changing the way people live and work through meaningful projects with real-world impact. When you join our team you can make a difference by improving the everyday lives of customers around the world.
Growing great leaders is one of the things that sets American Express apart. Every employee has the opportunity—and is encouraged—to take their personal leadership to the next level through a wide variety of leadership and learning programs.
Our employees and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial, and emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of paid parental leave, health (dental and vision) and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you can work how it makes sense for you, without compromising our commitment to our colleagues, customers, and shareholders.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through our 15 Employee Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other employees while expanding their knowledge of the business. American Express is a place where being yourself matters. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2018, 4:26:52 PM