American Express Careers
Product Manager / Owner, Credit and Fraud Risk
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Our direct relationships with millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide -- combined with our leading-edge marketing, analytical, rewards, and servicing capabilities -- enable us to uniquely offer an array of differentiated experiences that enrich lives. American Express was built on service and sustained by innovation – and our vision is to work hard every day to provide the world’s best customer experience.
About Credit and Fraud Risk
Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer lifecycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
This team is structured under four core functions:
- Credit Risk Strategy: Monitor credit portfolios and optimize profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle
- Fraud Risk Strategy: Develop fraud prevention strategies on behalf of our customers
- Decision Science: Build predictive models using AI/Machine Learning for all portfolios and products
- Risk Capabilities: Develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and execute credit and fraud risk strategies
You will play a central Technical Product Manager role in envisioning and designing the next generation of global consumer and commercial risk capabilities spanning new account onboarding, limit management, customer management, point-of-sale authorizations, hardship programs, and collections. This is a business-partner-facing role that is responsible for process vision and roadmap, customer experience, business architecture, assembling and grooming requirements, prioritization, status tracking and reporting, defining process SLAs, and establishing controls. You will lead transformation of risk management systems, play a key role in detailing the blueprint, and work with colleagues across Credit and Fraud Risk, as well as external partners to deliver the best possible design/solution.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- As a Technical Product Manager, translate the needs of business owners/stakeholders and delivery of the Product roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to brainstorm on innovative solutions, refine requirements, quantify benefits, and drive toward a common future vision
- Determine requirement readiness, collaborate on end-to-end solution design, and lead rationalization and prioritization
- Streamline customer-facing processes that support core risk management decisions, and create solutions that are cost-efficient and scalable across the enterprise
- Work in close partnership with American Express Technology to deploy next generation risk management capabilities, designed for long-term adaptability
- Conduct ad hoc analyses in support of capability development
- Collaborate with Operational Risk, Compliance, Legal, Banking, and Privacy to deliver defect-free capabilities with the flexibility to meet evolving customer needs – while satisfying all relevant regulatory requirements
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD, or MBA) in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science
- Advanced degree is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and work experience
- Familiarity with consumer or commercial risk management, encompassing knowledge of processes and systems
- Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive transformational change
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external partners at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and design industry-leading solutions
- A balance of technical knowledge and business insight
- A track record of driving innovation with a customer-first mindset
- Understanding of Scaled Agile (SAFe) principles and experience effectively managing a backlog of competing initiatives is preferred
- Experience working with Big Data, SAS, R, Python, SQL, and/or Hive preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Life at American Express
American Express is known for backing our customers to help them achieve their goals and dreams, big and small. At American Express, we’re changing the way people live and work through meaningful projects with real-world impact. When you join our team you can make a difference by improving the everyday lives of customers around the world.
Growing great leaders is one of the things that sets American Express apart. Every employee has the opportunity—and is encouraged—to take their personal leadership to the next level through a wide variety of leadership and learning programs.
Our employees and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial, and emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of paid parental leave, health (dental and vision) and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you can work how it makes sense for you, without compromising our commitment to our colleagues, customers, and shareholders.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through our 15 Employee Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other employees while expanding their knowledge of the business. American Express is a place where being yourself matters. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2018, 11:56:12 AM