American Express Careers
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping AMEX maximize the purchasing power of our third party spend. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is GSM’s face to AMEX employees and suppliers. We provide strategic consultation, bringing global value perspective, negotiation and delivery to maximize purchasing power of supplier spend and to free up investment capacity through deeper partnerships with Business Units.
Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is also responsible for managing our supplier strategy with our business partners, identifying and on-boarding new suppliers, realizing significant cost saves and revenue generation, collaborating with Contract Strategy and Delivery team on contracting activities and ensuring an optimal user experience for AMEX employees and suppliers.
The role reports into the Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager to support strategic sourcing and category plans for our Marketing Lines of Business.
- Identifying, collaborating and executing on agreed sourcing and category plan strategies with Business Partners
- Performing RFI, market analysis, total cost modelling, benchmarking and spend analysis
- Supporting RFI/RFP/RFQ, supplier and negotiation process
- Conducting meetings between Amex and suppliers in support of RFI/RFPs and ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Tracking and providing regular reporting and updates to the relevant parties (including line management, regional/global GSM team and key stakeholders) on project status
- Leading or participating in cross markets/regional initiatives as defined by GSM leadership
- Leading sourcing activities across functional lines, markets, business units that have a major impact on American Express’ expense, revenue and profitability
- Maintaining and promoting the AMEX Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with the Company's stated business ethics
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Procurement experience (Preferably in Marketing/ Financial Services environment)
- Evidence of strong procurement experience, competitive intelligence and capabilities across all categories
- Procurement professional with operating knowledge of contract law, local/regional/global sourcing strategies, risk management, vendor due diligence, supplier development and complex negotiations skills
- Ability to manage day to day business priorities along with long term strategic deliverables
- Strong project management skills and financial experience including development of CBAs and financial models
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Strong communication and influencing skills with evidence of consistently delivering cost savings and value-add opportunities
- Ability to proactively drive internal stakeholder and external supplier relationships
- Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Experience with various eProcurement tools like Ariba, etc. will be advantageous
- University degree (Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance is desirable), CIPS qualification, MBA or equivalent an advantage
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 6:33:10 AM