American Express Careers
Analyst-Risk & Info Management
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Providing analytical support to mitigate risk, enable revenue growth, and drive profitability through diverse analytical projects
- Integrating new data sources and capabilities to drive key business decisions
- Develop disciplined monitoring of credit risk metrics at the portfolio level, as well as across key stages of the customer lifecycle such as underwriting and customer management, and perform root cause analyses of concerning trends to identify performance drivers
- Collaborating with multiple partners including Finance, Technology, and other cross-functional teams across the company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – must have the ability to compile, analyze, research, and link complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high pressure situations and handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter
- Proven team skills including the ability to work effectively across geographical boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and master new systems and processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Programming experience (e.g. SQL, Hive, SAS, R, Python, etc.) a plus.
- Japanese language skills a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2018, 3:12:37 AM