American Express Careers
English speaking - Merchant Acquisition Sales Executive - future need
Are you a native level speaker of European languages? At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your commercial skills if you speak a European language fluently. As a European hub we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one Spain's premier employer brands.
You might never have thought of a career in sales and currently be working teaching English language or bar work, but if you enjoy working with people and are a strong communicator with the ability to build rapport this could be a great opportunity for you.
Each day, we make it easier for businesses to sell their goods and services and earn more from each of their customers. We are looking for a UK Merchant Acquisition Sales Executive to join our team in Madrid. In this role, you will be responsible for onboarding your merchants to the American Express network in the UK, from first contact through to closing the sale and ensuring that the merchant business is able to fully benefit from Accepting Amex in their establishments.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we have won best place to work awards in Spain for the last 2 years. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, apply now – we are recruiting for roles with immediate start!
What do we expect from you?
The successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual who is able to quickly engage with potential merchants and clearly articulate the benefits of exceptance to a range of different types of business. Success is rewarded through an attractive package, a generous sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package. Positive attitude!
- Following up on leads to sign new Merchants for American Express acceptance in the UK
- End to end ownership of a lead, from first contact through to closing the sale, account set up and ensuring that they are able to fully benefit from Accepting Amex in their establishment
- Participate in tactical sales campaigns throughout the year
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Native level English written and spoken
- Backgound working for/in the UK market
- Direct Sales experience a plus but your natural capability is more important.
- Ability to think creatively, strong analytical, time management, problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Salesforce a bonus)
What do we offer in return?
- Exciting and rewarding career in a fun, dynamic, modern, multicultural and flexible working environment.
- The company has a strong personal development philosophy, looking to develop people internally wherever possible.
- Stable company with excellent growth and a good work environment
- The opportunity of making a difference
Benefits and Perks
- New state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid and the airport.
- 9€ per day in Meal Vouchers
- Medical Insurance
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Amex personal card with no annual fee
- Educational Allowances
- Possibility to work from home
- Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy minds and living programme
- Amex cafeteria, contemplation room, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
- And lots more!
Check out this link for more about American Express!
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2018, 11:14:45 AM