American Express Careers
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
• Enable creation and updating of logging standards to streamline dashboard creation and ensure usability of logging repository
• Drive monitoring requirements to ensure business-service level visibility for all support teams
• Participate in architectural decisions to ensure software transaction flows are appropriately supported and designed
• Is an IT infrastructure Subject Matter Expert (SME) and works with Development teams to build to standards that drive the highest levels of availability
• Provides guidance to software engineers related to design patterns that are resistant to failure
• Communicates effectively with Development and Operation teams to align on requirements, driving SDLC requirements, capabilities, and limitations pertinent to delivering highly resilient applications
• Responsible for evaluating and implementing orchestration, automation, and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with a higher level of accuracy and reduced defects
• Build, implement and advise on recovery tooling to adhere to enterprise standards and/or frameworks
• Introduce new and impactful technologies to the production support tool chain that help minimize friction for production releases and support, and to more quickly diagnose and recover from production incidents
• Responsible for availability, proactive monitoring / alerting, capacity planning, performance (reducing latency and increasing efficiency) to include testing for technical platforms
• Partner with appropriate supporting teams to ensure operational readiness throughout the application lifecycle
• Ensure application data flows are accurate and up to date with the objective to increase the knowledge base of all support teams and drive reliability.
• Facilitates the resolutions of non-application issues (3rd party upstream issues, infrastructure issues, storage, database, network, file transfer etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; Relevant industry experience can substitute
• 8+ years of engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment, such as: large scale web infrastructure or development team
• Experience supporting a 24/7 enterprise environment with on-call responsibilities for production support
• Experience in a broad range of software development and operations technologies such as Infrastructure, virtualization, load balancing, containers, JVM’s, web servers, application debugging, queueing technologies, caching technologies, databases (RDBMS and NoSQL), routing and switching, etc.
• Experience in high transaction volume OLTP sites or the Financial Services industry is preferred
• Experience with any form of Unix is highly preferred
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
• Adaptive Communication
• Agile Practices
• Industry and Company Knowledge
• Organizational Change Management
• Technical Acumen
• Technology Industry Trends
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 5:05:32 AM