American Express Careers
Head of Human Resources & Administration, China
This role takes on strategic and operational leadership of the HR function of a newly set-up organization. This role will serve as a strategic advisor to the management team and will be responsible for end-to-end HR and administration set-up and delivery.
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions. This role will focus on setting up Express (Hangzhou) Technology Service Company Limited for success, which is a joint venture in China between American Express and LianLian Pay since Oct 2017. Join us and help shape the future.
The Head of Human Resources & Administration, China will be an integral part of the C-suite leadership team and report into the CEO of Express (Hangzhou) Technology Service Company Limited and will be responsible for all employees based in the JV. The role will have oversight of a team of HR professionals who partner with business leaders to deliver the talent and people agenda aligned with business priorities.
The Head of HR will define and drive a strong and robust enterprise HR strategy, help define a meaningful and attractive employee value proposition and enable a consistent manager and employee experience. This role will also be responsible local regulation and audits.
- Set-up the HR and Administration function, along with building the right team of HR professionals
- Partner with the JV leadership team on organization design and create a forward looking talent strategy to ensure the organization is set up for success
- Provide strategic & operational leadership to develop and evolve various employee life cycle processes – C&B programs, recruitment, on boarding, performance management, learning & development and talent management
- Provide coaching and thought leadership to senior leaders on a broad range of leadership and human capital challenges
- Provide HR advice on relevant legislation's and ensure all HR matters are managed in line with company policy, and PRC laws
- Collaborates across the HR community and works with HR counterparts at American Express and Lian Lian to leverage experience/practices
- Bachelors/Undergraduate Degree or equivalent.
- Broad base enterprise leader with deep understanding of human resources and driven by purpose
- Preferably worked in a start-up environment. This includes working in and with ambiguity, influencing without authority, and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Outcome focused, with solution orientation and highly collaborative
- Demonstrated courage in challenging situations and drives innovation.
- Versatile and aspires towards broader and higher impact goals for the broader success of the company
- Growth mindset, ability to navigate ambiguity, entrepreneurship, enterprise thinking
- Flexible and able to multi-task,
- Successfully balance speed and risk-taking with focus on compliance, risk, and customer
- Build a culture of diversity and inclusion where leadership and values matter
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2018, 8:51:30 PM