American Express Careers
Digital Experience Snr Product Manager, Membership Rewards
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The American Express Enterprise Digital & Analytics team is a newly created center of excellence designed to centralize web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and help the company leverage digital expertise across businesses. The Digital Membership Rewards product team within “EDA” develops Loyalty products and capabilities for all our issuing markets and serves as the central owner for the American Express Membership Rewards programme. American Express Membership Rewards (MR) is one of the largest and most renowned card-based loyalty programmes in the world. It is a pillar of the American Express value proposition and one of the key features that engage our Cardmembers and sets American Express apart from its competition.
The MR Digital Experience Snr Product Manager will own the vision, product strategy, development and ongoing management for the MR digital product, aiming at creating seamless and personalised loyalty experiences that are engaging, valuable and fun for Cardmembers, across our international markets. You will be able to inspire multiple stakeholders and key business partners about the potential of our product, develop creative solutions to meet each market’s needs and support the ongoing growth of MR programme in each market.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about digital product development and will work with partners across International GMS, GNICS, GNP, AET and more to identify and deliver new loyalty capabilities that will increase Cardmember satisfaction and drive revenue. You will be able to learn about a wide variety of market conditions and be able to drive thoughtful and innovative strategies based on realistic expectations and an understanding of what it takes to bring products and capabilities to life.
This role reports to Director, Digital Membership Rewards based in London.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the MR digital product strategy across more than 20 international markets.
- Drive the roadmap, prioritization, and end to end product development for MR product enhancements of the existing experience and roll-out of new features.
- Partner closely with stakeholders across the globe, including AET, GMS Marketing, GNICS, RIM, Compliance, Legal, Brand and others to communicate the product vision and high-level business needs for enhancements and new features.
- Partner with stakeholders and teams on customer usability research, hypothesis testing and data analysis to understand the external landscape to inform our strategy.
- Partner with product teams, such as mobile app and MYCA, to enhance, launch and roll-out loyalty digital experiences on their assets.
- Work with stakeholders across international markets to understand local market needs and launch differentiated experience enhancements and capabilities.
This is a fantastic role that requires aptitude across a number of areas, crossing the boundaries of product management, ecommerce and UX.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Key qualifications for the ideal candidate include:
- Significant experience in working in digital product development, with experience launching digital experiences from start to finish in the online/mobile space.
- Self-starter with a high level of personal accountability, who is comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities and multi-tasking.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, capable of influencing all levels of the organization and across business units.
- Exceptional analytical thinking in being able to understand metrics and data from multiple sources and define KPIs that are easily to understand and actionable to drive key initiatives forward.
- Experience working in the agile development methodology, using approaches such as usability testing, A/B testing, wireframes and MVP design.
- Strong global mindset, in connecting with stakeholders and prioritising competing requirements.
- Willingness to travel (Internationally) as required (15%).
- Loyalty and card product knowledge is a plus.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2018, 3:43:08 AM