American Express Careers
Engineer - Fullstack`
Become part of American Express’s Global Business Services (GBS) team’s digital enterprise evolution by joining the American Express Technology team! In GBS, we are all about delighting our colleagues interaction with American Express and focusing on ‘Colleague First’ initiative. We are constantly reimagining the possibilities for servicing internal customers / Colleagues. This group is nimble, creative and empowered to shape the digital landscape. You will be part of a fast-paced Agile team building responsive solutions designed to simplify access to the Amex Platforms.
We need a bright and collaborative Full Stack Engineer to transform and deliver our interactive GBS platform. There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices your responsibilities will include:
You will be part of a high performing team of Engineers and Technicians. Responsibilities and role attributes include, but are not limited to:
- Typically spends 75% of time writing, testing and implementing code to deliver on business requirements.
- Supports requests from the Product Owner for enhancements to the GBS applications, data, and reports.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and simplify the current code base and reduce the technology cost.
- Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving user story analysis and elaboration, design and development of Software applications, and testing.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and proven background in responsive Web & Mobile development using technologies such as: React, React native, Angular 2, Bootstrap, Java, Couchbase, CSS, and HTML.
- 4-6 years of software development experience.
- User Experience development skills in creating dynamic and engaging web components.
- Hands-on expertise with responsive web application design and development
- Experience in developing applications for iOS, Android, with a strong understanding of the platform’s user interface (UI) design patterns
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field preferred
- Preferred experience React, Angular 2, Bootstrap and Java
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends
- Experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and automated testing (Selenium, Junit etc.)
- Experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, XLR, Sonar, Selenium, Chef etc.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies. Takes pride in how fast they develop high-quality, working Software.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methods.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- [X]+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2018, 10:21:01 AM