American Express Careers
Analyst - Credit Risk Management
The credit risk team leverages cutting edge analytical techniques such as machine learning to generate insights from data to drive optimal decisions that balance growth with acceptable risks. The credit risk team works in close partnership with cross-functional teams across geographies and interacts extensively with external entities such as credit bureaus, new data providers and start-ups to develop and implement products and strategies.
- Designing, developing and implementing risk strategies and initiatives to profitably grow commercial business, while controlling net loss provision and improving client satisfaction.
- Leveraging industry best practices and data assets for continual risk strategy and process improvement.
- Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues from the central Risk Management organisation, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to develop, enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
- Deeply understanding and closely monitoring the key metrics of the credit performance for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and/or corrections.
- Running ad hoc analytics and conducting independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Managing relationship with Credit bureaus including developing strategies leveraging bureau information as well as tracking and reacting to external influence on the portfolio performance
- Monitoring and understanding regulatory and industry developments and proactively identifying areas of threats and/or opportunities.
QualificationsAs the successful applicant you will have the following:
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with experience to lead and perform data analytics.
- Ability to understand and assess borrowing needs and capacity of small and medium businesses.
- Solid understanding of the Australian business landscape, including familiarity with both secured and unsecured products
- Track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding/experience of risk management principles with underwriting and customer management knowledge.
- Flexibility and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive changes.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast changing environment and with a strong attention to details.
- Experience in using balance sheet, financial statement, bank statement and AP/AR files in credit assessment.
- Work experience with SAS/SQL required.
- Experience/Familiarity with Big Data and Machine Learning is preferred.
- Experience with cutting edge credit risk system designs and interfaces such as APIs, digital capability, etc. is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred.
- CPA/CA or CFA a plus.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 6:47:12 AM