American Express Careers
Manager - Risk Management
The credit risk team leverages cutting edge analytical techniques such as machine learning to generate insights from data to drive optimal decisions that balance growth with acceptable risks. The credit risk team works in close partnership with cross-functional teams across geographies and interacts extensively with external entities such as credit bureaus, new data providers and start-ups to develop and implement products and strategies.
- Designing, developing and implementing risk strategies and initiatives to profitably grow consumer card business, while controlling net loss provision.
- Leveraging industry best practices and data assets for continual risk strategy and process improvement.
- Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues from the central Risk Management organization, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to develop, enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
- Deeply understanding and closely monitoring the key metrics of the credit performance for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and/or corrections.
- Running ad hoc analytics and conducting independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Managing relationship with Credit bureaus including developing strategies leveraging bureau information as well as tracking and reacting to external influence on the portfolio performance
- Monitoring and understanding regulatory and industry developments and proactively identifying areas of threats and/or opportunities.
QualificationsTo be consider for this position you must possess:
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with experience to lead and perform data analytics.
- Ability to understand and assess borrowing needs and capacity of small and medium businesses.
- Solid understanding of the Australian business landscape, including familiarity with both secured and unsecured products
- Track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding/experience of risk management principles with underwriting and customer management knowledge.
- Flexibility and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive changes.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast changing environment and with a strong attention to details.
- Experience in using balance sheet, financial statement, bank statement and AP/AR files in credit assessment.
- Work experience with SAS/SQL required.
- Experience/Familiarity with Big Data and Machine Learning is preferred.
- Experience with cutting edge credit risk system designs and interfaces such as APIs, digital capability, etc. is a plus.
- Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred.
- CPA/CA or CFA a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 6:43:43 AM