American Express Careers
Risk Manager - Commercial Credit
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected
To support our Risk team in London we are currently looking for a Manager, Commercial Risk Management.
Why Risk Management
Risk management decisions have a significant impact on the profitability of the business. That’s why we don’t guess, we trust the data, insight, analytics and abilities of the finest risk management team. We believe that knowing the risks is how you’ll make the right decisions for the future of our company, our customers’ companies and your career.
This is a Manager role based in London and reporting into the Director of Commercial Risk for multiple Continental European markets. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Net Loss Provision by ensuring effective execution of strategies and policies for the commercial card businesses in multiple European markets. This will require a good understanding drivers of the credit indicators for the commercial portfolio and the implications on trends/forecast and monitoring the true experience of customers in the market, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and then working with partners to implement.
As a key member of our Risk Management team broadly in Europe and in International, you will work closely with risk colleagues across the globe to learn and deploy best practices from other regions. You will implement risk-driven strategies to profitably grow billed business, reduce unnecessary point of sale disruptions, and improve the customer experience in close collaboration with central Risk teams that develop state of art decision science tools and risk capabilities. You will also work in close collaboration with business partners such as sales, account development, operations, compliance etc.
This is an exciting and rewarding role that offers a unique opportunity to gain experience across the risk life cycle and to interact with a wide range of business partners across all levels within the organization.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, statistics, economics or mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
- Deep understanding /experience of risk management principles
- Experience in commercial lending
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong thought leadership and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, with a strong attention to detail, communicate effectively and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience of working with one of the leading financial institutions in Europe will be preferred
- Experience in developing strategic insights leveraging data analytics will be preferred
- Fluency in English is required
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 4:34:10 AM