American Express Careers
Analyst/Senior Analyst - Marketing
The Global Marketing team in American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) provides payment solutions to prospective customers through its suite of products with the guiding objective of bringing the Right Customers, in the Right Way, at the Right Margins. The Global Investment Optimization Team (GIO) plays a critical role in this mission, supporting the efforts of Global Marketing team through management of reporting, analytics, business planning, and investment optimization.
As an integral part of the GIO team, the ideal candidate will support business planning, analytics, and reporting activities for the International team within GCS Global Marketing. He/she will be responsible for providing regular analyses of Global Marketing’s international performance and help ensure that GCS Marketing stays on target to reaching goals. The candidate will get a high-level view of how Marketing intersects with Finance and key analytics partners, and gain the opportunity to work cross-functionally with partners across the organization. Additionally, he/she will learn the fundamentals of budgeting and reporting, and gain a valuable understanding of how the business operates.
· Analyze results and provide strategic guidance to shape GCS International Marketing performance.
· Provide monthly results and analysis to leadership.
· Act as a subject matter expert for reporting and forecasting.
· Establish strong relationships with key cross-functional partners.
· Manage multi-million dollar marketing investment budget.
· Launch and own international investment tracking.
· Develop and own relationships with key partners in Finance, Operations, and Data Strategy & Insights.
· Conduct ad hoc analyses for leadership.
- BA/BS (preferably in Finance or Economics) with 1-3 years of work experience and a strong academic record.
- Detail oriented with the ability to understand and navigate complex processes.
- Strong desire to learn and have ownership over projects.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, who is comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure while keeping a positive attitude.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in PowerPoint.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2018, 9:47:22 AM