American Express Careers
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! Epic Software Engineer wanted to partner with the Loyalty Technology team in a bid to change the game.
We are looking for:
- An innovative, experienced, and talented software engineer to help force disruption in an outdated software environment and accelerate its pace of change.
- This Jedi will be helping lead the charge at American Express to modernize an aging enterprise architecture using the latest and greatest in technologies and tools.
- Our team is focused on innovating from the ground up.
- We are introducing domain specific micro-service based architectures using docker and other container technologies.
- While what language you speak is less important than your innovative mind-set and flexible brain, Java is the current dialect, and "Full-stack" is a philosophical imperative.
- This role will be an expert or "goto guy" for the architecture, design, and engineering of solutions and components that span a newly expanded American Express software landscape.
- The successful candidate will partner in the creation of a new culture at Amex.
They will also be responsible for providing core system design, evaluating and proving platform components, and delivering working prototypes and frameworks for delivery teams to build upon. These components are required to have a high performance service interface (REST API) capable of scaling to extremely high transaction rates. This will require developing highly scalable components in a distributed environment. Our goal is to use open source frameworks where applicable to build an industry leading, API-enabled system.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in large scale data transformation and messaging platform such as Kafka.
- Substantial experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus
- Experience with Git a plus
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Knowledge of payments industry is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2018, 9:41:14 AM