American Express Careers
Sr Manager/Manager-Pricing Analytics, Pricing, Global Merchant Services
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
The Pricing Analytics team is the newly created analytical arm of GMS Pricing and will be responsible for providing pricing support for new strategic initiatives. The Pricing Analytics team will be instrumental in ensuring the success of GMS by supporting strategies and analysis that will drive blue box business growth objectives.
This Senior Manager/Manager position will report into a Director, but will have considerable responsibilities and visibility to drive analytics and insights that will determine pricing strategies within GMS.
- Create robust financial models for pricing scenario analysis
- Run scenarios and validate and pressure test assumptions
- Assess merchant impacts of pricing proposals
- Develop forecasts to inform financial planning
- Assess market impact of new pricing post implementation
- Support GMP with additional ad-hoc data analytical capabilities
- Socialize results & insights to gain buy-in and alignment for key initiatives
The role will require strong partnership across the Blue Box.
The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years experience in analytics and a proven track record for success and innovation.
The candidate should also have:
- Background in consulting, data analysis, statistics or related field
- Experience with modeling is required; SQL and/or SAS data querying is highly desired
- Expertise in quantitative data analysis methods and data mining
- Demonstrate analytical expertise and the ability to translate findings to meaningful business insights
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to translate trends and analysis into actionable recommendations
- Strong customer relationship skills and proven track record of managing internal relationships/stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels, both internally and externally
- Results driven with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, draw linkages and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to collaborate and work as a true member of a team
- Comfort with ambiguity and making decisions with incomplete information at times, taking measured risks
- Flexibility to pivot strategy and process according to business needs
- Strong executive presence and collaborative/interpersonal skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2018, 4:01:04 PM