American Express Careers
Campus Undergraduate - 2019 Aviation Summer Internship
Campus Undergraduate – 2019 Aviation Summer Internship
This position is responsible for supporting the American Express Aviation department in the execution of tasks in support of the corporate fleet. The role will be involved in many cross-functional projects that provide exposure to AMEX Dispatch, Administration, Maintenance programs and the day to day customer support requirements.
Aviation Opportunities are available in
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the Dispatch function in preparing and scheduling trips
• Supporting the Maintenance function in aircraft inventory management, procurement of materials and quality management
• Supporting the Administration function in invoicing and vendor contracting.
• Assuring compliance with the Flight Operations Manual (FOM)
• Monitors vendor quality practices
• Currently enrolled in a Degree program in Aviation Management or Aviation Science with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
• Valid driver’s license required and the ability to obtain an airport access SIDA badge
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment
• Familiar with Safety Management Systems and Risk Assessment Applications
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite tools
• Excellent organization skills, detail-oriented
• Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2018, 10:35:20 AM