American Express Careers
Engineer - Java
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Leading a team of Engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
- Preferably a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- Experience with Agile development, application design, software development, and testing is preferred.
- Development experience with Xquery is preferred.
- Development experience with mainframe batch COBOL, JCL, and DB2 is preferred.
- Experience with RxJava, Camel, SOLR and/or Message Oriented Middleware is preferred.
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 9:08:46 AM