American Express Careers
Campus Graduate - 2019 Strategic Planning Group - Full-Time Senior Manager
Campus Graduate – 2019 Strategic Planning Group – Full-Time Senior Manager
The Strategic Planning Group (“SPG”) at American Express has a two-fold mission:
1) Strategy development - To be a partner for our business unit clients and for Amex by informing, resolving, and driving execution of the most critical strategic initiatives
2) Leadership development - To attract high-performing talent, develop their business and people leadership competencies, and transition them to be successful leaders within Amex.
A role with SPG at American Express offers the unique opportunity to work across key business lines with the top strategic minds in the company. Team members in SPG are continuously learning due to the incredible breadth and depth of our high impact project assignments. American Express hires individuals into SPG to work on critical challenges and innovative opportunities for the company. In SPG team members gain exposure to numerous business units and have the chance to develop their core consulting and leadership skills through their project work. Beyond SPG, team members take on new roles in various American Express business units across the globe. SPG Leadership provides team members with mentorship to help each individual find the right next role in American Express.
What can you expect as a Senior Manager in SPG at American Express?
- Perform analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to tackle the most critical strategic priorities
- Lead significant aspects of projects from scoping to problem structuring, analysis and presentation
- Collaborate with talented teammates to deliver significant and sustainable results
- Engage business unit leaders and corporate executives to develop and present implementable solutions, and provide thought partnership and strategic counsel
- Participate in various networking events with senior leaders across business units to build a network and a deeper understanding of the company
- Strong problem solving abilities and quantitative aptitude; intellectual curiosity
- Ability to drive change, impact, and be adaptable to a wide range of situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Strong professional presence; effective communication and presentation skills
- Professional services mindset, dedicated to serving the needs of our business partners
- A track record of results, and a passion for people
- 2nd year in a full time MBA program, expected graduation May 2019 or sooner
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2018, 4:08:21 PM