American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, Digital Marketing (Email) - Part-time/Job Share role
Are you inspired by innovation and teamwork? Are you motivated by creative problem solving and pivoting to remove everyday roadblocks? If so, this role could be for you.
The Digital Marketing team delivers significant value through meaningful interactions at every touch point, fostering high levels of Card Member satisfaction and long-term engagement. A critical focus for this team is the Customer Engagement Email, our #1 scale outbound digital channel that reaches all customers, including those who are less actively engaged with our brand.
With a reach of 1.4 million Business Card Members, the Customer Engagement Email is an industry-leading program powered by advanced hyper-personalization and a high degree of collaboration. The program drives a phenomenal amount of engagement and revenue, with a three-year compound annual growth rate of 150% per year. Our recent investments in technology and data science make this program a test kitchen for innovation and accelerated growth.
As a result, we are expanding the team to scale this program in both frequency and content, leveraging proven best practices to coordinate and uplift our existing one-off email marketing. Our goal is to deliver a high-frequency, individualized and hyper-relevant email curriculum that delivers adaptive lifecycle marketing. The vast scale of this operation, which this team will optimize, enables broad data collection and creates a core learning engine for emerging digital outbound marketing channels
We are seeking two pioneering marketers to create and lead this team while sharing the position in a job share. This role is a highly visible platform to demonstrate your digital marketing expertise to senior leadership.
You will lead one direct report, with the opportunity to expand the remit over time based on the success of the program. You will be responsible for delivering on critical KPIs for Global Commercial Services (GCS), supporting bi-weekly deployments focused on deepening multi-product relationships.
• Lead one direct report, as well as a large, global team of partners and three external agencies
• Own the strategy, planning and execution of the Customer Engagement Cross-Sell Email program, which is a key enabler of Global Commercial Services marketing priorities for the Small Business Segment
• Continue enhancing measurement capabilities to ensure the conversion impact of the email channel is captured, monitored and increased over time; establish and monitor KPI benchmarks for optimization
• Develop the roadmap and operational model for the channel, fueling the future by adding next-generation API capabilities to leverage big data and deliver richer content, more personalized customer experiences, and stronger conversion
• Design and implement a strategic test-and-learn plan to provide insights that continually influence the overall email marketing strategy
• Exceptional leader
• Detail-oriented project manager who can develop processes for operating at scale, and juggle multiple simultaneous work streams with exceptional attention to detail
• Extraordinary collaborator who can share accountability in a job share and consistently deliver a unified approach to decision-making and collaboration with all stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial problem-solver who can persevere through operational challenges and navigate a global, matrixed organization
• Outstanding strategic marketer with a Customer First mindset and ability to develop strategies using data-driven insights
• Proven relationship manager, with the ability to influence and mobilize cross-functional teams and drive results in a fluid environment
• A strong growth mindset and the resilience to drive big and small innovations
• Sense of humor and positive attitude
• Experience in marketing operations and/or technology capabilities development
Primary Location US New York New York
Schedule Job Share
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Part-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2018, 4:05:05 PM