American Express Careers
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Enterprise Platforms - Global Remittance Engineering organization is looking for a dynamic and motivated leader to join our team in driving the development of strategic payment processing capabilities for American Express.
The successful candidate for this position should demonstrate the following skills and leadership attributes:
Drive innovation and manage product development teams within a fast paced, agile environment
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Recruit IT professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization
- Manage and/or lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps
- Coach, guide and promote creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across engineering teams
- Enable integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product managers, technical project managers, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- Collaborate within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Posting date: 6/9/18
Closing date: 5/10/18
Location: Burgess Hill, UK.
- Significant experience in managing software engineering teams designing and building software products in a fast paced, complex and dynamic product development environment
- Extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Relevant / recent experience in developing Payment / Remittance Processing capabilities with emphasis on real-time functionality is highly desired
- Proven experience attracting, hiring retaining and leading top engineering talent and high performance product engineering teams (i.e. colleagues, not contractors)
- Prior experience building out platforms or capabilities in a product development company, preferably SaaS, PaaS, or Mobile
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies is required
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2018, 2:47:41 AM