American Express Careers
Technology Vendor Analyst
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
You as the Project Analyst: Portfolio Financials and Telephony Vendor, you will work closely with both Technologies colleagues and our telephony partner to ensure strong reporting lines and financial tracking to help drive key metrics and strategic efforts.
This role resides in American Express Technologies Digital Workplace which is the combination of digital, cultural and physical elements that supercharge colleagues’ ability to do phenomenal work in a complex, dynamic, and often unstructured working environment. Our Vision is to provide the world’s best colleague experience: Wherever. Whenever. Every single day. Our Mission is to empower the workforce with outstanding technology.
- Review performance metrics to ensure they are within the specifications of the contract.
- Actively address any business operations issues that affect the vendor’s ability to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Perform review meetings comprised of the AXP and vendor teams.
- Process & Performance Improvement: - Analyse business operations data including all service metrics and partner and customer satisfaction surveys to identify actionable trends. - Contribute to determining root causes of operational issues by utilizing a structured process improvement methodology.
- Actively identify and implement business improvement initiatives and projects.
- Review and approve vendor supplemental invoice costs.
- Continually seek and implement opportunities for business improvement and cost efficiency.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information and other reports.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Communicating with vendors to ask any product or price questions.
- This role requires you to be a good communicator and negotiator and have interpersonal skills to effectively maintain vendor relationships.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience of vendor management, contracts and negotiation principles.
- Solid understanding of cost and financial accounting principles.
- Ability to interpret complex analysis, budgeting data and business information.
- Six Sigma training preferred.
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2018, 9:19:18 AM