American Express Careers
VP – Global Strategy and Business Planning
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The Global Commercial Services (GCS) organization leads the company’s efforts in helping companies of all sizes gain financial savings, control and efficiency. GCS provides a suite of payment and lending products, solutions for travel and everyday business spending, cross border payments, global currency solutions, and business financing.
The Vice President Assistant (VPA) will be a direct report of the President of Global Commercial Services (GCS) and will work very closely with her as she leads this division. The VPA is responsible for a broad range of activities including strategic, analytic, communications and human capital initiatives to help ensure the business objectives are achieved. The VPA will also be a key member of the GCS Senior Leadership Team, working closely with them and their teams and key business partners. He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication, and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment.
- Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables.
- Management of business planning and operational processes for the President’s office, including responsibilities such as scorecards, budgeting and reward & recognition programs.
- Working on private & confidential strategic imperatives for GCS.
- Participate in GCS Senior Leadership Team meetings: organize event and develop meeting objectives; coordinate market visits and off-sites, and provide support to Executive Team on ad hoc projects.
- Provide strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects as required.
- Coordinate with the AXP President’s Office, other AXP organizations and external entities as required to address deliverables.
- Liaise with Public Affairs and Communications and HR on all employee communications.
Posting date: 6/9/18
Closing date: 3/10/18
Location: London, UK
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead projects with limited guidance.
- Strong analytical orientation and experience with financial reporting and risk management strategies.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail.
- Strong communicator with a composed and confident presence who can effectively influence, multitask and prioritize as business needs evolve.
- Ability to drive results in a complex, matrixed environment, and lead through persuasion and expertise with limited direct authority.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills. A team player who is able to work effectively in a collaborative, large and diverse organization.
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Ability to translate complex technical and financial subjects into easily understood concepts.
- Demonstrated servant leadership abilities as well as ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible when faced with changing priorities.
- Ability to adeptly influence, direct and manage the leadership team.
- Global and diverse mindset.
- MBA degree & BA in Economics essential.
- London-based position, and willing to spend a portion of time traveling with the GCS President.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2018, 4:52:35 AM