American Express Careers
Engineer - SQL & MSBI
- Entry-level ability in software development.
- Function as member of an Agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing.
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Enable the development, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections.
- Up to 4 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and as appropriate.
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related experience required.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 9:46:27 AM