American Express Careers
Release Train Engineer
As one of the enterprise teams within American Express, Enterprise Platforms has responsibility of end-to-end product delivery for Global Accounts Receivable, Loyalty (i.e. Membership Rewards and Cash Back), Salesforce, and the Global Remittance product platforms. The Global Account Receivable team works closely with colleagues in Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG), Global Corporate Payments (GCP), Global Merchant & Network Services (GM&NS) and across the Blue-Box to deliver New Card Products, Lending, and Commerce Initiatives that help grow billings, deepen customer engagement and increase member value. The team drives the development of products and software that deliver on business growth while increasing speed to market through strategic automation and modernization initiatives.
We seek a talented and experienced Release Train Engineer to lead the transformation of our Global AR Capabilities Train. Do you have the drive for relentless improvements? Are you looking for a real challenge? Do you want to make a difference in the way American Express doing Software Delivery? If yes, keep going...
In this role, you will:
Facilitate and Leads Train/Program Execution
- Drives program/release level processes for an Agile Release Train demonstrating stellar servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Facilitates Program Increment planning meetings with leadership, business partners, product management and delivery teams on the Agile Release Train(s).
- Partners with Business Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution.
- Ensure value is achieved by the train on behalf of end users via the program predictability measure
- Assists with economic decision-making by supporting Program Epic and Feature estimations by program team and roll up to program/ release level transparency (overarching team roles)
- Collaborates with other RTEs to coordinate cross-train dependencies
Coaching and Committed Improvement
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values & Principles
- Be coachable yourself: be open to feedback and committed to continuous personal improvement
- Challenge the status quo gracefully
- Mentor and coach to Agile Release Train on Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles by providing transparency into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams
- Drives program/ release level continuous improvements
- Aggregates and drives team Program Increment objectives into Program/ Release objectives to ensure successful delivery
- Participates in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities
- Inspires collaboration and quality practices between system architects & Agile teams
- Ensures data integrity for the Agile Release Train within the Agile Management tools
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles and Frameworks quality and testing best practices
- Ability to drive value delivery
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn about new technology quickly and easily
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3 years of Scrum Master experience
- 7+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver solutions
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
- PMI ACP Certifications a plus
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2018, 2:43:41 PM