American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr Mgr - Compliance Systems Strategy
This Senior Manager will play a central role on the team reporting in to the Vice President of Compliance System Support Strategy, Program & Operations (C3SPO). This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a dynamic team that supports systems used across the Compliance Risk Management discipline.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining operations manuals, procedure documents, process maps, and relevant training guides, material, and checklists to support system development, enhancements, and implementation across Compliance processes.
Hosting ‘system clinics’ and office hours to help compliance officers navigate through capabilities and processes as part of business readiness initiatives to support implementation of new or enhanced capabilities including reporting activities.
Serving as a point of contact for Compliance Product Owners as part of the Agile framework working closely with Technology, the Agile Coach and the GRBC Program Office.
Managing the maintenance of the Compliance Program’s Technology Investment Long Range Plan to include reviewing incoming management requirements and facilitating strategic prioritization sessions with key stakeholders and leadership for ongoing alignment of the Compliance Program’s technology investment process.
Assisting with tracking the Compliance Program Agile program portfolio schedule and performance indicators in partnership with Technology and the Compliance Program Project Management team.
This self-motivating individual will work closely with colleagues across Global Compliance and Ethics to ensure system strategies and deliverables meet the needs of the enterprise and ultimately of our customers. This individual must also be comfortable with having a very “hands-on” role organizing and managing tactical work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional ability to translate ideas and thoughts into written processes, how-to guides, presentations and training material for all levels of management.
- Strong detail and process orientation experience with ability to think and define tactical “end to end” process and end user experience.
- Excellent project management, organizational and specific process/workflow skills.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, solve problems independently, escalate appropriately, manage tight deadlines, and handle changing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing project strategy documentation and ensuring the scope is fully understood by all stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience in an operations, technologies, project oriented position for a risk discipline in a financial services industry.
- Expertise with Microsoft Suite of products, especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Experience preparing end user training and operations materials.
- Experience facilitating training sessions to end users.
- Familiarity with the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
- Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally system) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and comfort in working with different technology capabilities (e.g., Archer, BluePrism, Tableau, and other similar applications) preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of Compliance Risk and/or Operational Risk framework and processes.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2018, 8:05:43 PM