American Express Careers
Campus Graduate – 2019 Consulting Summer Internship
American Express Campus Graduate – 2019 Consulting Summer Internship
Where solving complex problems is our business
The American Express Summer Intern Program will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience supporting projects that have significant strategic, operational and/or financial impact for the company and our clients. Interns will meet business leaders from all levels and have a chance to learn about the culture and values that drive the organization. In addition to gaining this level of experience, interns will also have the opportunity to build a business network across the organization.
Enterprise Strategy & Execution (ES&E)
As an in-house consulting group at American Express, our mission is to be the strategic partner for accelerating growth and enabling the enterprise to put customers first.
The ES&E team focuses on:
- Developing strategies to support AXP growth and efficiency objectives
- Engaging with business units to accelerate strategic revenue generation and cost avoidance initiatives
- Operationalizing large-scale initiatives, working across the enterprise to drive alignment on internal priorities and decisions
The MBA Intern is an integral member of the team focused on driving thoughtful strategy, detailed planning, and disciplined execution to produce sustainable results that meet customer needs. The role requires effective collaboration with stakeholders of all band levels across American Express. Additionally, the effective candidate will be able to navigate through ambiguity and demonstrate thought leadership to derive meaningful insights and drive transformational change.
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business clients to success.
What type of work can you expect to do in Consulting at American Express?
Thought leadership/creative problem solving to challenge the status quo and drive progressive improvement
- Developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve results and enact wide-scale impact across the enterprise
- Independently driving project progress by managing relationships with stakeholders, identifying opportunities and obstacles/risks, developing strategic recommendations, and ensuring deliverables are optimally executed
- Results and change leadership, including the planning and delivery of key initiatives that result in achievement of sustainable, transformational results
Are you ready for the challenge?
Here are the skills and experiences we’re looking for. Do these describe you?
- Enrolled in Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
- Ability to influence without authority at all levels and demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business
- Proven relationship-builder with strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with business leaders in order to devise solutions to complex business challenges
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with strong business acumen and high degree of creativity in identifying opportunities for products, services, new processes and systems
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand the audience, structure effective presentations and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade
- Strong project management skills with proven record of successfully driving results on complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
- Previous management consulting experience preferred
- Must earn MBA by June 2020
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Us reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2018, 3:08:27 PM