American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager - Process Management
Global Merchant Network Services (GMNS) has relationships with millions of merchant businesses in more than 25 countries. The people, processes and technology that support this vital function are evolving to improve the merchant experience and economics. The Global Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class premium merchant member experience that will get merchants to not only accept American Express, but openly welcome and recommend us to their customers.
The Manager/Senior Manager is responsible for leading a global initiative to drive accurate merchant hierarchy data that the client management organization, partner teams and merchants can depend on to drive business needs. He/she will be responsible for assessing current processes, engaging with users and stakeholders, developing solutions and managing our vendor relationship. This manager should be an ambitious self-starter who has a passion for process, a curiosity for data and is comfortable working in a high visibility role within the organization.
- Leading a cross business unit initiative to improve merchant hierarchy data.
- Identifying opportunities to develop solutions to prevent inaccurate data and streamline current processes with a focus on creating simple, efficient and repeatable activities to be executed by multiple stakeholders.
- Partnering closely with stakeholders (e.g. Client Managers, Pricing, Servicing, Marketing) to assess gaps and address downstream impacts.
- Working with an external vendor and servicing teams to implement merchant hierarchy data changes.
- Presenting updates and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Strong process and project management experience.
- Skilled relationship manager effective at collaborating and influencing across internal and external partners.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to work through ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and synthesize a broad set of information
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex information and concepts into plain language.
- Sharp data analytic skills with an ability to arrive at logical and quick conclusions.
- MBA or related graduate degree a plus.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a related field.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2018, 10:43:28 PM