American Express Canada – Assistant Marketing Manager – Campus Recruitment
A career at American Express is more than an opportunity to work with a leading global brand. It is the chance to connect markets and find innovative ways to communicate all that we have to offer. As a member of the Amex Canada team, you’ll be a part of a global network of employees that shapes our image, nurtures our partnerships and inspires our Cardmembers.
As a Marketer at American Express, you shape how we engage with our Cardmembers. Whether you are engaging with prospective Cardmembers, or creating marketing programs targeted to our most tenured, you bring innovative thinking and compelling campaigns to market, and ensure that American Express delivers differentiated marketing solutions. In this role, you will work with different marketing functions across the company, and be involved in marketing campaigns from conception through to post-execution analysis. You will have the opportunity to grow our core business areas by joining one of many dynamic functions, including, but not limited to: Lending, Acquisition, Member Engagement, Merchant Marketing, Insurance or Product Marketing.
Assistant Marketing Managers are not only creative, but also able to understand the key performance metrics specific to their channels and campaigns, and can thoughtfully conceptualize new ways to look at the effectiveness of their work. They have the ability to drive a mandate for their team, and support partners that rely on them to deliver theirs. They are able to work across (or up and down) the organization, and are a champion of American Express, its products, and its goal of being the world’s most respected service brand.
In this role you will develop and leverage:
- Drive results with a ‘speed-to-market’ focus, implementing marketing initiatives from planning, management, and delivery
- Adjust actions in response to a constantly changing digital and loyalty landscape, knowing when to adopt existing ideas and when to innovate
- Successfully manage and coordinate efforts within and across teams to deliver against marketing plans
- Turn relationships into productive partnerships across multiple internal and external stakeholders for successful collaboration and project/campaign success
- Possess superior communication and influencing skills that result in buy-in and acceptance across multiple stakeholders
- Present business reviews and marketing plans to peers and senior management
- Demonstrate an ability to select, review, and analyze performance drivers and data sets related to financial performance of products/services.
- Draw insights from analyses and initiate collaboration with internal/external partners to optimize marketing program
- University degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability with multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail and prioritization skills in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated communications skills, both written and verbal
- Available for May-August 2019 start date
- A proven ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes
- A focus on innovation and the desire to own a project from conception through implementation, and evaluation
- Excellent partner management, and comfort working across various levels within an organization to drive results
About American Express Canada:
Located near the intersection of two major highways, and accessible via public transit, the state-of-the-art American Express building offers employees a Silicon Valley modeled work environment, and the tools to enable them to work in or outside of the office.
With business casual dress, a Goodlife Fitness Centre, and a full service cafeteria (with a dedicated Tim Hortons) all on site, our new headquarters is focused on building a positive corporate culture and providing flexibility to balance life and work.