American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Java/J2EE
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- 8+ years of hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Solid hands-on experience with Java/J2EE, Micro Services, REST, Oracle, Couchbase, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud.
- Solid experience with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Nice to have experience with at least one cloud platform like AWS Cloud, IBM Bluemix, Heorku, Blue Ocean etc.
- Testing and automation framework and tools: Junit, TestNG, Selenium, LISA virtualization/automation, mocking frameworks, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha.
- Setting up automated Build and deployment pipeline, Jenkins, XL Release.
- Good experience with Agile (Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
- Development IDE: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Sublime, Bracket.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 8:56:50 AM