American Express Careers
Senior Manager-Data Strategy and Insights
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS, is instrumental in leading data driven insights to elevate Customer engagement, accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth for the organization.
The Manager position within the DS&I organization offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization. This position, reporting to the Director of DS&I US Middle Market, will play a critical role in supporting the development of growth and analytic strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working alongside senior leadership with GCS.
The incumbent will enhance business decision-making process by providing insightful and analytical recommendations across the Middle Market organization to drive growth, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. The individual will also work on ad hoc projects and analysis for the MM Commercial Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Present and communicate performance results and findings to multiple levels of business in an effective manner.
- Design and deliver insightful deep dive analyses to measure performance and support decision making at all levels.
- Build strong relationships with US Client Group Middle Market Phone based Account Development teams and other key business partners to understand business objectives and challenges in order to become a trusted thought partner.
- Champion data driven decision making and actively collaborate with business partners in order to assess and optimize business performance.
- Focus on strategic thought leadership, including managing Account Development portfolios, targeting methodologies, ROEs and sales force effectiveness against business objectives.
- Provide actionable insights by Identifying and analyzing key performance indicators.
- Communication and Build relationships: Superior ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences/levels within the organization. Ability to view contrary perspectives, negotiate and gain agreement while building and maintaining relationships.
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes.
- Strong Strategic & Analytical Thinking: Require extensive analytical experience to support DS&I Director and Business in reviews and special projects. Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Growth Mindset: Will to make things happen and go above and beyond. Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box.
- Change management: Be an agent of change, ability to initiate and adapt to change. Provides solutions to address business transformation, strategic alignment, technology implementation and culture change. Incorporate risk mitigation planning/execution.
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment. Strong teamwork required with their colleagues and other teams, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic with an will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence.
- Experience in developing a team (people leadership desirable, not essential).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2018, 6:48:50 PM