American Express Careers
Engineer - Java
- Analyze requirements/user stories to appropriately support design activities.
- Perform all Technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code/API's.
- Function as an active member of an Agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results.
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts.
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts.
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others).
- Work with Product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- 2+ years of Software Development experience; preferably in a JAVA environment.
- Working knowledge of core Java (up to 1.8), including Spring, JUnit, TDD, Code Coverage and Code Quality Plugins, Maven, GIT, Cucumber.
- Working knowledge of Cloud-based software and end to end deployment automation.
- Good knowledge of Hadoop, Big Data, NoSQL DB, HBASE and Elastic DB is plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred .
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
- Expertise in objected-oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms .
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software .
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 10:11:16 AM