What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career and an inclusive environment to help you thrive.
Because the best way to have our customer’s back is to back our people.
This role of Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) supports our Merchant and Commercial businesses across Japan, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. As HRBP you will directly support two Senior Vice Presidents as well as their leadership teams and will serve as their Chief HR Officer, ensuring the organisation is mission capable and positioned to successfully execute on its strategic imperatives. You will be lead talent, performance, and change efforts that will enable each business to thrive and will be based in Sydney.
As HRBP, you will:
Be a talent leader:
• Define critical roles for our merchant and commercial businesses and place top talent in them
• Understand emerging business trends and develop strategies to capitalise on these
• Increase the quality of diverse talent
• Facilitate career development and advancement, particularly for our most talented colleagues
• Understand and address opportunities, including engagement and attrition
Be a performance leader:
• Translate strategic imperatives into performance goals
• Effectively integrate these goals and ensure they are embedded throughout organisation
•Align scorecards to enterprise/corporate goals and mission critical partner groups
•Set and hold a high bar for performance by defining high/low performance and holding leaders accountable to managing their talent against these standards
Be a change leader:
• Serve as the expert in how change is led and sustained
• Coach leaders to support their teams through change
• Be actively engaged in significant change efforts, serving as a coach and advisor
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Qualifications and experience that will set you apart:
• Significant Human Resources (or similar) experience, with proven ability to build relationships as well as influence and negotiate with senior business partners
• Experience working in global or international organisations
• Demonstrated business acumen and ability to serve as an active participant in defining business strategy and culture
• Aptitude to forge and maintain strong collaborative relationships with wider HR team colleagues such as country HR teams and centres of expertise such as Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations and Talent Acquisition
• Creativity and innovation, especially where global solutions don’t meet local needs
• Interest in the external landscape, including threats and opportunities for growth
• Comfort with constructive debate
• Ability to travel within the region
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 8:07:17 PM