American Express Careers
Analyst, Global Mobile Product Development Team
The Global Mobile team is responsible for the product strategy, UX/UI and delivery of mobile apps for American Express Card Members globally. This includes the Amex Mobile app available on iOS and Android in over 20 markets.
We are part of the wider Global Digital Experience team within the Enterprise Digital and Analytics organization (EDA). EDA manages American Express digital products and implements market strategies across multiple channels. We are responsible for defining and implementing the polished, thoughtful, and industry-leading digital experiences our Card Members expect from our world-renowned brand of powerful backing and exceptional customer service. We ensure these products and experiences meet clear user needs; adapt appropriately to channels, yet remain holistically coherent across channels; and align with the overall business vision for American Express.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Product Analyst to join our team in Phoenix. The successful candidate will have experience managing digital initiatives and will support the Product Owners in the ideation and development of mobile products and services.
The Analyst will:
- Support the development and launch new features and capabilities for our mobile apps in partnership with our Engineering team
- Provide input to mobile product strategy and execute the mobile product roadmap
- Participate in the creative development process by partnering with Design, software and quality engineers, stakeholders, business and technology partners, and Global Mobile team members
- Leverage an understanding of mobile platforms to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate limitations and ensure our app remains a market-leading product
- Feed the product backlog, and ensure our engineering partners have requisite details to correctly interpret user-stores and success criteria
- Maintain product documentation
- Support empirical measurement of the effectiveness and the success of product features
Types of people we need:
- Product and/or Business Analyst backgrounds are preferred – appreciate the difference between creating and iterating on a valuable product and completing a project. Experience in digital product management is a plus
- Technologists mindset -- understand how the modern web works; how websites differ from mobile apps; how systems communicate with each other
- Mobile and Fintech enthusiasts – the ideal candidate is excited about the mobile product space and our competitive environment
- Collaborators – our role is largely partnership driven, working with capability owners, local teams and technology partners is vital
- Strategic thinkers – show an ability to support both short- and long-term decision-making and execution
- Goal Oriented mindset – active involvement in backlog development requires a process-driven mindset with a strong attention to detail. Our engineering partners critically depend on our accurate assessments of business needs, user experiences, and dependencies on partner products and channels
- Teammates – we’re looking for an affable contributor to our strong team culture of cooperation, empathy, and a passion for excellent digital products
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 3:41:05 PM