American Express Careers
Release Train Engineer
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. Travel & Lifestyle Services’ (TLS) vision is to serve and inspire extraordinary lives for our Card Members through leisure travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. To achieve this vision, we’ve embarked on an ambitious plan to make our customer experience truly extraordinary across touch points.
TLS serves American Express Card Members across 23 markets around the globe via a number of servicing channels including: phone, e-mail, and online. Phone and email services are offered to Platinum & Centurion Card Members, while online services are available to all customers, including non-Amex card holders.
The RTE will look to drive processes and execution oversight for the 6 Agile Release Trains (ARTs) within the US. They will look to support TPMs by resolving or escalating impediments, manage risk and promote relentless improvement throughout the organization in conjunction with the TLS Dir. of Delivery and Integration and the Intl. RTE (based in the UK). They will also be responsible for facilitating program/ release level events such as Program Increment (PI) planning again ensuring consistency where applicable with the Intl. team.
The RTE will also look to work in partnership with Product Management (B40) and Owners (B35), as well as the core and extended Technology teams including Architect(s), to create and prioritize the program backlog at Feature level while also coaching and mentoring teams to adopt the AET SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices.
- Facilitate and Leads Program Execution:
- Drives program / release level processes for a number of US Agile Release Trains (ARTs) demonstrating stellar servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Facilitates Program Increment (PI) planning meetings with leadership, business stakeholders, product management and delivery teams on the Agile Release Train(s) within the US
- Support program level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to aid in the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions
- Ensures strategic alignment for the train across organizations and teams
- Partners with the Solution Management Team, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution
- Collaborates with other RTEs to coordinate cross-train dependencies
Coaching and Relentless Improvement
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values & Principles of TLS
- Be transparent in all you do while being coachable yourself i.e. be open to feedback
- Challenge the status quo gracefully while working with others to bring all along for the change
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams escalating where applicable and resolving where possible
- Aggregates and drives team Program Increment (PI) objectives into Program/ Release objectives to ensure alignment with business and successful delivery
- Mentor and coach to Agile Release Trains (ARTs)on Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles
- Participates in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities
- Encourages collaboration between solution architects and Agile teams
- Promotes compliance with SDLC standards across the Agile Release Train(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3 years of Scrum Master experience
- 7+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Experience in Service Delivery Lifecyle from ideation through to delivery across one or more platforms and languages
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver solutions
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
- SDLC Methodologies and Practice
- Business Risk Management
- Enterprise and Business Architecture / Requirements Gathering and Definition
- Problem Management
- Program Management
- Quality Management
- Release and Deployment
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Executive Presence
- Influence and Negotiation
- Relationship Management
- Business Product Knowledge
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 7:07:38 PM