American Express Careers
Director - Strategic Planning and Reporting EMEA
Anyone can have an innovative idea. Here they get heard.
As the Director of Strategic Planning and Reporting (EMEA), you will be a key leader within the Strategic Planning and Development leadership team of Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS). The Director will both direct and support global and regional markets by delivering on operational initiatives and providing strategic insight.
Amex’s Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) signs merchants to accept American Express cards and maintains the card acceptance network.
GMNS is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with merchants, merchant acquirers, processors, and the network. GMNS also processes card transactions and settles with merchants that accept American Express cards. Furthermore, GMNS provides marketing information and services such as fraud prevention to merchants. In addition, GMNS builds and manages loyalty coalition programs which enable consumers to earn and spend rewards points.
The GMNS Strategy, Planning, and Development (SP&D) team works closely with the GMNS Group President and all GMNS General Managers. Specific responsibilities include planning and reporting to enable merchant acquisition and client management teams, strategy formulation, business development, and investment optimization.
The Director will report to the SP&D Vice President based in New York.
- Lead the planning, reporting, and analytics function for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). This involves providing accurate and impactful business results in a timely manner.
- Target setting and performance reporting: The Director will develop and maintain an appropriate target setting methodology, including for merchant acquisition and client management. The Director will own the calculation and communication of targets and results at an aggregate, individual, product, channel, and account level.
- Strategic analyses: The Director will deliver rigorous and insightful analyses and recommendations that drive strategies to improve performance (e.g., account profitability, Active Locations In Force, Cost per Location In Force, Newly Acquired Locations In Force / team-member, or Cost / Volume, resource optimization, Inactive Account Cancellation, among others
- Sales Incentive Plans and payouts: The Director will design, formulate, benchmark, and update the Sales Incentives Plan in order to drive desirable behaviors and results. Additionally, the Director will own the periodic payout of sales incentives.
- Portfolio segmentation: The Director will lead the periodic analysis, segmentation, and communication of accounts and portfolios plus related targets (via scorecards) for the Client Management team.
- Co-lead and/or support global and regional projects related to GMNS strategic initiatives and investment planning. Assist the SP&D Leadership Team in delivering key goals. Liaise with other GMNS teams to share best practices and address issues.
- Represent the EMEA region in various forums.
- Supervise the tracking and management of regional budget and financials.
- Directly lead, manage, and develop a small team of Managers and Analysts within the EMEA planning and reporting team. Manage performance, provide training, and deliver day-to-day guidance and leadership perspectives to the team. Develop a coherent set of leadership behaviors and competencies for the regional team, consistent with those of the global team
- Manage relationships with regional and global stakeholders at all levels of management. Key stakeholders will include the EMEA merchant acquisition and client management leaders and teams. Develop and deliver robust, clear, concise, and impactful presentations for stakeholders.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, along with a strategic mindset and financial acumen. Finance and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Coding skills and/or experience with managing teams who code for purposes of data extraction and manipulation.
- Exceptional project management skills and discipline to deliver. Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration, effective communication, negotiation, influencing, motivation, and presentation.
- Ability to balance and prioritize day-to-day business activities in conjunction with longer-term strategic objectives
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve customer experience, and drive results
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing conditions and prioritize initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Passion, flexibility, sense of humor, and a positive attitude are KEY requirements!
Why American Express?
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for by Fortune Magazine
The powerful backing™ of American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2018, 10:43:17 AM