American Express Careers
Director I - Operations
Merchant Financing is an innovative, high growth business within the American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) division. Merchant Financing provides differentiated value to small and mid-sized merchants by addressing their need for convenient and price-competitive financing of up to $2 million dollars. Merchant Financing’s highly automated process enables most applicants to receive an approval decision instantly and often receive funds in their bank account by the next business day; loan repayment is also automated, seamlessly withheld from the merchant’s daily credit card receivables.
The Director of Merchant Financing Operations is responsible for optimizing the performance of Merchant Financing Telesales and Loan Origination operations and ensuring a world class experience for our customers. Specifically, the incumbent will manage the relationship with Merchant Financing’s Telesales and Back-Office processing partners, and lead a small group of American Express analysts and engineers to:
- Optimize customer acquisitions and efficiently originate / fulfill customer loan applications, as a primary driver of Merchant Financing growth goals.
- Identify process, systems/automation, or organizational opportunities to streamline the end-to-end Merchant Financing loan acquisitions and origination process.
- Analyze multiple customer listening posts (Call listening, Operational Metrics, Net Promoter surveys, Complaint Tracking, etc.) to identify opportunities to improve the merchant experience and develop action plans for these.
- Implement performance management tools (reporting, dashboards, etc.) to effectively monitor KPI’s at an individual agent, team, or process level. Ensure that these are being leveraged in the daily management of sales and operations and as key input to a holistic process improvement program.
- Oversee monthly Quality Assurance Program and Business Self-Testing Process, to ensure compliance with Merchant Financing policies and procedures.
- Partner with regulatory compliance experts within American Express to assess and strengthen Merchant Financing process controls and regulatory adherence. Report risk events and ensure Corrective Action Plans are raised as necessary on recommendations from Compliance
- Provide real-time support to Merchant Financing operations, ensure timely resolution of agent questions, issues impacting loan origination, and customer escalations.
- Work closely with the Product Management, Marketing, Product Development, and Business Partnerships teams, to develop and implement sales strategies, introduce new products or capability features, and operationalize new business sales Partnerships.
- This position is based in Atlanta or New York and will require ~25% travel.
- 3+ years’ expertise and experience directly managing a Telesales environment and/or providing operational consulting to optimize the performance of a Telesales, Phone Servicing, and/or Loan origination operation.
- Experience applying Process Reengineering, Continuous Process Improvement, and/or Six Sigma methodologies to improve the performance, cost, and quality of services provided.
- Strong analytical background, with the ability to mine data to identify opportunities and develop quantified cost/benefit analysis of proposals.
- Desire and Proven Ability to:
- Independently overcome obstacles and resolve complex problems.
- Work cross-functionally and influence without direct authority.
- Manage complex projects and drive results.
- Effectively organize complex information into well written and structured documents such as executive presentations, technical requirements documents, agent procedures, and training manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, MBA with a technical undergraduate degree, or comparable education/business experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 1:25:36 PM