American Express Careers
Campus Undergraduate - 2019 Marketing Summer Internship
American Express Campus Undergraduate – 2019 Marketing Summer Internship
Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Marketing intern, you’ll have the opportunity to expand this network, grow our brand in the digital marketplace, create compelling value propositions, shape marketing strategies with extensive market and consumer data, and optimize relationships with key customer groups.
The Marketing internship at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape the next generation of products & services for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail to develop innovative solutions and create best-in-class customer experiences.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
- Global Commercial Services
- Global Consumer Services Group
- Global Merchant & Network Services
Commercial-American Express’ Global Commercial Services (GCS) seeks to Change the World at Work, so our customers can change the world. We aspire to serve all of our commercial clients, from the mom-and-pop store on Main Street to the largest global enterprises, with one voice and integrated presence in the marketplace. Each of our clients is a critical part of the global economy – from the jobs they provide, the goods and services they deliver, and the change and impact they each seek to have in the world - - it’s an honor and a privilege to be a part of their story.
Consumer- Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) is responsible for growing the American Express consumer business worldwide, strengthening our global leadership position in the premium space, and delivering exceptional, differentiated customer experiences. GCSG comprises local sales and marketing, travel and lifestyle services, and global consumer products including lending, cobrands, and premium products and benefits, as well as the teams which develop and support the digital, risk, and information management capabilities across American Express.
Merchant- Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) brings together the businesses that manage and evolve important partnerships for the company with key stakeholders including merchants, banks, strategic and loyalty partners. Global Merchant Services (GMS), which manages the relationships with the millions of merchants around the world that accept American Express; Global Loyalty Coalition, which includes the Payback rewards programs internationally; Global Network Services, which runs the company's payments network and manages bank partnerships, Accertify, InAuth and Prepaid globally; and Strategic Partnerships, which leads the strategy and relationships of American Express' most strategic global partners.
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Analyze data and realize growth opportunities; to help businesses improve performance and drive growth
- Be responsible for understanding how our business functions and how it might best be served using new and emerging digital products and/or services.
- Build and track performance indicators to better understand customer behavior
- Develop cost-benefit analyses to determine feasibility of new opportunities
- Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external partners
- Share and leverage marketing best practices and provide marketing consultancy to team
- Manage end-to-end marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
- Find innovative ways to improve the customer experience
- Passion for customer marketing, payments innovation, and new technology trends
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks and share fresh perspectives
- Be proficient with analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 8:35:43 AM