American Express Campus Graduate – 2019 Marketing Summer Internship
Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Marketing intern, you’ll have the opportunity to expand this network, grow our brand in the digital marketplace, create compelling value propositions, shape marketing strategies with extensive market and consumer data, and optimize relationships with key customer groups.
The Marketing internship at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape the next generation of products & services for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail to develop innovative solutions and create best-in-class customer experiences.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
- Global Advertising & Brand Management
- Global Commercial Services
- Global Consumer Services Group
- Global Merchant & Network Services
Advertising & Brand Management- Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) creates worldwide demand for American Express, driving business through innovative marketing, messaging, partnerships, and experiences. Teams within the group include Global Brand Management & Planning which is responsible for American Express Global Brand Strategy & Planning, Global Brand Training, Enablement & Governance, and OnBrand, Design & Innovation and is the central point of contact for the enterprise; Global Media, Communications & Experiences, is responsible for Global Brand Content & Communications, Global Media, Global Experiential Marketing, and Digital Brand Capabilities; as well as Amex Insights, responsible for bringing the voice of the customer and competitive context to business decisions made across the enterprise.
Commercial-American Express’ Global Commercial Services (GCS) seeks to Change the World at Work, so our customers can change the world. We aspire to serve all of our commercial clients, from the mom-and-pop store on Main Street to the largest global enterprises, with one voice and integrated presence in the marketplace. Each of our clients is a critical part of the global economy – from the jobs they provide, the goods and services they deliver, and the change and impact they each seek to have in the world - - it’s an honor and a privilege to be a part of their story.
Consumer- Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) is responsible for growing the American Express consumer business worldwide, strengthening our global leadership position in the premium space, and delivering exceptional, differentiated customer experiences. GCSG comprises local sales and marketing, travel and lifestyle services, and global consumer products including lending, cobrands, and premium products and benefits, as well as the teams which develop and support the digital, risk, and information management capabilities across American Express.
Merchant- Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) brings together the businesses that manage and evolve important partnerships for the company with key stakeholders including merchants, banks, strategic and loyalty partners. Global Merchant Services (GMS), which manages the relationships with the millions of merchants around the world that accept American Express; Global Loyalty Coalition, which includes the Payback rewards programs internationally; Global Network Services, which runs the company's payments network and manages bank partnerships, Accertify, InAuth and Prepaid globally; and Strategic Partnerships, which leads the strategy and relationships of American Express' most strategic global partners.
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Be responsible for the end-to-end strategy, development and execution of new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms
- Identify opportunities and enhancements for existing products & services to penetrate untapped markets
- Develop innovative, profitable, customer-centric product and marketing strategies
- Define the product / feature roadmap for how best to enhance our products, services and/or underlying technical platforms to meet future customer needsLeverage internal data from web analytics tools and “voice of customer” surveys, as well as external sources such as JD Power, Forrester, and Credit Card Monitor services to define new customer experiences
- Improve critical customer experiences including driving resolution of customer issues and regulatory matter to help increase the net promoter score
- Initiate and leverage customer insights through analysis and research with customers and prospects
- Create enhanced value for customers and distribution partners through product innovation