American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Product Development
Within Global Commercial Finance (GCF), our Product Development organization team owns and develops capabilities, platforms and digital products for fast growing segments of American Express business, such as working capital terms, business loans, and merchant financing. We have embarked on a bold agenda to transform our products and services to delight and surprise our commercial clients around the globe. We are powering and revolutionizing the entire digital commerce ecosystem by creating innovative solutions to enable our payment products to be more accessible, more integrated, and more flexible. So, help us take it to the next level. We transform commercial payments.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Hardship Product Development, to help lead the development of hardship capabilities for commercial clients. You’ll be involved in the strategic planning and capability development and managing the full scale launch. Beyond launch, you’ll imagine and deliver the capabilities to enable hardship for other products / markets. You will be an ambassador for these capabilities to our partners across GCS, GMS, GSM, Marketing, and GSN.
You will know commercial payments and commercial financing. We’ll guide you, but you will be a self-starter too. You’ll be viewed as a go-to person by your peers. You will be used to leading product development. You have good knowledge of agile development. You’ll help transform the way we deliver and deploy products in GCS. You’ll love what you get back:
- Great senior leadership exposure: taking our capabilities to a new level is a big thing for us, so we will give you plenty of senior leadership air time
- Strong support to get the job done: we have the right lean organization and we are well funded to drive big changes
- Product development experience: we will support you in refining your expertise in cutting edge product development practices, including offering all the training you need
- Freedom to be creative: we crave new ideas and people who can make them a reality, so go completely green-field with your ideas and we’ll support you in making them happen
- Experience developing in an agile and high performing product development team
- Effectively engage multiple stakeholders and key business partners to drive prioritization and execution of Hardship capabilities
- Work closely with operations to ensure flawless execution payment, fulfillment, and risk actions
- Develop Hardship capability roadmaps based on high-level business needs and use cases
- Engage with Technologies to execute against Hardship
- Leadership – strong people leader and team player with demonstrated ability to develop people and create highly effective and results-driven culture; change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Experience – Deep understanding of commercial and B2B payments; demonstrated experience with agile product development and delivery; knowledge of global payments platforms preferable
- Strong customer focus – the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Proven Thought Leadership – ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leadership team.
- Personal Excellence – High degree of integrity/confidentiality, comfort with speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrixed environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility.
- Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- High Energy/Flexibility – Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a fast paced, high pressure, and dynamic environment.
- Software Application Skills – Proficiency in Excel, Visio and Power Point.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 11:43:33 AM