American Express Careers
Engineer - Java
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Building software solutions that enhance the overall merchant experience.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Finding opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Working with a team of engineers that delivers solutions to our Merchant business worldwide.
- Contribute to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying, and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing.
- Automate deployments in test or production environment.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years of Software Development experience with Java and web technologies.
- Knowledge about Cloud computing.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2019, 7:03:41 PM