American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
- Create and maintain AET project plan - track status of key milestones/deliverables . PMP Certification a plus.
- Drive AET plan execution, including escalation of issues, identifying and mitigating risks.
- Drive resolution of issues through cross-functional coordination and influence.
- Provide strategy, business architecture, content expertise and execution support as applicable.
- Track and analyze workstream status and program financials .
- Develop deep knowledge of regulatory rules in order to support critical scope discussions and drive decisions/requirements.
- Mobilizing cross functional team required to resolve the issue (systems, architects, SMEs, etc).
- Driving definition of requirements and scope. Understanding regulatory/bank/business objectives and providing input into approach/solution and requirements, as appropriate.
- Coordinating project plans to deliver projects on time.
- Providing regular status updates to senior leaders, when appropriate.
- Strong AGILE Experience needed. CSM certification a plus.
- 5+ years or relevant experience.
- The successful candidate will show demonstrated leadership ability, a strong results orientation and have a proven track record of collaboration and building and leveraging effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously lead and drive projects to successful completion (on time, on budget, and high quality).
- Capable of applying critical thinking to solve problems in a structured way, and develop and/or implement solutions.
- Knowledge in AGILE methodology is important.
- Ability to function well in a matrixed environment and influence without direct authority is key.
- Must show very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and meet tight deadlines, take initiative and act decisively.
- Demonstrated project management capability.
- CSM and PMP certifications preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, etc.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 12:18:03 PM