Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) serves American Express Card Members around the world with a full range of travel services, from trip planning and booking to enhancing the broader travel experience.
Across the globe, TLS has thousands of dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do and take pride in delivering exceptional, personalized service to our customers and help them to unlock unique and memorable experiences from their travels.
As a Recruitment Specialist within the TLS team, you will understand the Travel and Lifestyle Consultant profiles and manage the continuous hiring needs for the China market, ensuring the recruitment of high potential colleagues. You will be working in close collaboration with the Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) team and the China Operations leadership team to ensure hiring plans are adhered to and to create a high talent workforce with the skills to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
You will be accountable for coordinating interviews and group assessments, ensuring final hiring decisions are objective and made in a timely manner and overseeing the offer and on-boarding of new colleagues up to their start date. This will also involve reviewing the selection process on a regular basis to ensure it is optimized for selecting the right talent and delivering central recruitment initiatives to the market
The role will be based in Shanghai and will primarily support the China market with their recruitment needs in addition to other project initiatives for the central support team, these could involve supporting L&D, Communications, Colleague Engagement etc. You will also be involved in supporting other JAPA markets as required.
• Liaising with GTA and Operations teams to book interviews and assessments, managing room bookings, leader attendance, paperwork and assisting with interviewing as required.
• Coordinating assessments and final hiring decisions and tracking results
• Ensuring jobs are posted on time to meet the hiring and start deadlines, job descriptions are accurate and up-to-date and supporting the creation of sourcing strategies
• Owning the offer process with GTA and maintaining communications with candidates between the offer acceptance and start date
• Regular review of profiles and interview processes and updating materials as required
• Collaborating and consulting with internal and external business partners (Workforce Planning, Learning & Development, Recruitment, other business areas, vendors)
• Attending leadership meetings to provide recruitment updates and present new initiatives
• Delivering against hiring plans
• Ad hoc support of JAPA recruitment initiatives and other project / central team support as required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.