American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) serves American Express Card Members around the world with a full range of travel services, from trip planning and booking to enhancing the broader travel experience.
Across the globe, TLS has thousands of dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do and take pride in delivering exceptional, personalized service to our customers and help them to unlock unique and memorable experiences from their travels.
As a Recruitment Coordinator within the TLS team, your primary role will be to understand the Travel and Lifestyle Consultant profiles and manage the continuous hiring needs for the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) markets, ensuring the recruitment of high potential colleagues. You will be working in close collaboration with the Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) team and the ANZ Operations leadership team to ensure hiring plans are adhered to and to create a high talent workforce with the skills to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
You will be accountable for coordinating interviews and group assessments, ensuring final hiring decisions are objective and made in a timely manner and overseeing the offer and on-boarding of new colleagues up to their start date. This will also involve reviewing the selection process on a regular basis to ensure it is optimized for selecting the right talent and delivering central recruitment and other initiatives to the market
The role will be based in Sydney and will primarily support the ANZ markets with their recruitment needs in addition to other project initiatives for the central support team, these could involve supporting L&D, Communications, Colleague Engagement etc. You will also be involved in supporting other JAPA markets as required.
• Liaising with GTA and Operations teams to book interviews and assessments, managing room bookings, leader attendance, paperwork and assisting with interviewing as required.
• Coordinating assessments and final hiring decisions and tracking results
• Ensuring jobs are posted on time to meet the hiring and start deadlines, job descriptions are accurate and up-to-date and supporting the creation of sourcing strategies
• Owning the offer process with GTA and maintaining communications with candidates between the offer acceptance and start date
• Regular review of profiles and interview processes and updating materials as required
• Collaborating and consulting with internal and external business partners (Workforce Planning, Learning & Development, Recruitment, other business areas, vendors)
• Attending leadership meetings to provide recruitment updates and present new initiatives
• Delivering against hiring plans
• Ad hoc support of JAPA recruitment initiatives and other project / central team support as required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Strong recruiting background with solid Competency-Based Interviewing (CBI) knowledge and experience and ideally to have experience of high volume / class hiring recruitment
• Excellent collaboration skills as you will work with different team members, stakeholders, and vendors, and exceptional relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate and influence all levels of the organization and across lines of business, either written or verbally
• A self-starter who is able to manage own time and progress projects, despite multiple demands and competing priorities
• Ability to analyze and problem solve, determine root cause and recommend solutions
• Proven ability to consult with internal business partners, providing sound guidance regarding recruitment guidelines and hiring practices
• Adaptable and comfortable working under ambiguous and/or changing circumstances
• You will be part of a Global team so require experience of working with different cultures & hiring in a multi-language, multi-cultural environment
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make.
At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive.
Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 9:09:57 PM