American Express Careers
Manager – GMS Risk Management (EMEA)
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express has a network that connects millions of consumers, merchants and businesses around the globe in a payments and commerce ecosystem that creates value for all its constituents.
Our Global Merchant Services (GMS) Risk Management Team stands behind each of these purchases, thus protecting this network of millions of consumers, merchants and businesses. Our team makes this happen by leveraging advanced machine learning and network algorithms.
The job entails working in a fast-paced and research-focused environment, leveraging large amounts of linked and unstructured data to predict and prevent credit and fraud risk. Responsibilities include developing the next generation risk management solutions and capabilities and effective collection strategies for all merchants in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
This position will interface with key partners including the World Services, Risk Decision Science, Operational Business Partners in order to create and drive best-in-class strategy to prevent fraud and limit credit losses and enable collections. The ideal candidate will have experience in applying data analysis and turning them into strategic insights.
The incumbent will be a data analyst and technology enthusiast to ensure credit and fraud losses are trending to zero.
- Develop innovative approaches and algorithms to reduce fraud & credit losses
- Create and enhance the core risk foundations and design the blueprint of next generation of risk management science & infrastructure
- Conduct in-depth analysis of both internal and external data sources for the ongoing development of tailored risk mitigation strategies
- Identify emerging credit loss trends and implement solutions to support profitable growth
- Partner with Compliance, Collections, Operations and External Agencies to implement strategies
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Proficiency in working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data, including text mining and natural language processing
- Proven programming skills and experience in SQL/SAS, object oriented or functional programming languages
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and modeling concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven relationship management and influencing abilities
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics) or MBA with quantitative background and relevant experience
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2018, 4:10:28 AM